We’re working to keep you safe: COVID-19 Updates
Effective June 15, our offices are accepting more appointments for in-branch services.
Our staff will be taking extra safety precautions, such as wearing face coverings and sanitizing between each member visit, so we respectfully request that you make an appointment so that we may serve you in a timely and safe manner. Making an appointment ensures that staff have adequate time to clean and prepare for your visit.
Our Lewiston branch is still serving members through the drive-thru window, and Milwaukie members can be served through the vestibule of our International Way office – both during our regular business hours and without an appointment.
We also ask that you wear a face covering while inside the branch, and limit the number of people in your visit to the credit union to two – if you have a health condition that would prevent you from wearing a face covering or need other accommodations, please let us know prior to your appointment so that we may best serve you when you arrive.
If you are concerned about making your loan payments or accessing your money due to job layoff, job loss, or illness:
Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options. We are committed to be by your side through these uncertain times to develop a solution that works for you.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 1-866-653-4392
Or send us a secure message inside Online Banking by visiting the Message Center in the upper-right corner of your screen.
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits due to the impact of COVID-19 on your job. Visit your state’s website to learn more:
In order to receive your Economic Impact Payment from the federal government as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (or CARES Act) via direct deposit, you must ensure that the IRS has your account information on file. Visit their Economic Impact Payments webpage to see if you are eligible for a payment, to update your direct deposit information, to provide your direct deposit information if you did not file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return, and for general information regarding the Economic Impact Payments.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has step-by-step advice on how to get started if you are having trouble paying your bills or meeting other financial obligations, including how to work with debt collectors. Visit their website for this information, and more.
Banking Without the Branch
Cutting Edge offers a number of convenient ways to manage your money using e-Services, without setting foot inside a branch. Without even leaving your home, you can:
- Stay on top of your account balances and transactions using Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Apply for loans through our website or Online Banking
- Schedule and pay bills with our free Online Bill Pay
- Transfer money between your Cutting Edge accounts
- Access e-Statements, set up account alerts, and more.
With Cutting Edge Mobile Banking, you can also remotely deposit checks with a few taps and photographs of your checks. If you would like to activate Mobile Deposit and haven’t already done so, please contact the credit union to enroll.
Cutting Edge is part of the MoneyPass and Co-op ATM networks, which allow you to search ATMS to access your money surcharge-free – some even take your check and cash deposits. Visit the MoneyPass and Co-Op ATM locator webpages, or use their convenient mobile apps, to find one near you today.
At this time we may be experiencing higher branch call volumes than usual. To simply check balances, transfer money, and other account services, access Cutting Edge CU Telephone Banking: 1-888-794-0052.
Recommended Ways to do Your Banking
To Make a Cash Withdrawal
If you need to make a cash withdrawal from your account(s), Cutting Edge is part of the MoneyPass and Co-op ATM networks which allow you to access your money surcharge-free. Visit the MoneyPass and Co-Op ATM locator webpages, or use their convenient mobile apps, to find one nearest you.
You may also be able to receive cash back on pin-based debit card transactions at participating retailers – just ask if this is offered at your time of checkout, and if there are any restrictions that may apply such as limits to the amount of cash back that’s allowed.
To Make a Deposit
If you need to make a deposit into your account(s):
- Use Cutting Edge Mobile Deposit through our Mobile Banking app. If you would like to activate Mobile Deposit and haven’t already done so, please contact the credit union at 1-866-653-4392 to enroll.
- MoneyPass and Co-op ATM networks provide access to many deposit-taking ATMs. Use the MoneyPass and Co-Op ATM locator webpages, or use their convenient mobile apps, applying the filter that sorts out only the locations that have deposit-taking ATMs.
- Place your deposit in an envelope and securely insert it into the Deposit Drop Box at the branch, with the following information – your name, your member number, and which account you would like the deposit to go into.
It is imperative that you provide us with this complete information! Otherwise, we won’t know who the deposit is for or what to do with it – especially if it is cash.
To Check Your Account and Loan Balances, and Transfer Money Between Accounts
There are many ways to stay on top of your balances and make transfers, including:
- Using Online Banking – if you are not currently signed up for Online Banking, now is a good time to do so. Please contact the credit union at 1-866-653-4392 to enroll.
- Using our Mobile Banking app – it’s important to note that you must be enrolled in Online Banking in order to use our Mobile Banking app. Please contact the credit union at 1-866-653-4392 to enroll in Online Banking if you are not already signed up.
- Using Cutting Edge CU Telephone Banking – call 1-888-794-0052
- Calling the credit union at 1-866-653-4392
To Make a Cutting Edge Loan Payment
To ensure that we receive your payments to apply to your loan(s), please consider making your loan payments in any of the following ways:
- Mail your loan payments to our mailing address at
Cutting Edge Credit Union
P.O. Box 22192
Milwaukie, OR 97269
- Use Online Banking or Mobile Banking to use funds from a Cutting Edge account and apply them to your loan.
- By using Cutting Edge Mobile Deposit, you may snap a picture of a check to deposit into your checking account, and then transfer the funds to apply to your loan within Online or Mobile Banking.
- Set up your payment through your other financial institution’s Bill Pay service – if you need your loan or account numbers, please contact the credit union.
- Place your payment in an envelope and securely insert it into the Deposit Drop Box at the branch, with the following information – your name, your member number, and which loan you would like the payment applied to.
It is imperative that you provide us with this complete information! Otherwise, we won’t know who the payment is for or what to do with it – especially if it is cash.
To Apply for a Loan
If you would like to apply for a loan:
- Apply online at cuttingedgefcu.org.
- Apply within Online Banking by clicking on the Services tab to get started. You may also send a secured message within the Message Center in Online Banking letting us know you’re interested in applying, and someone will contact you to begin the process.
- Apply with a Financial Service Specialist by calling 1-866-653-4392.
If You Are Experiencing Issues With Your Debit or Credit Cards
- For lost or stolen cards: 1-866-541-2710
- To report fraud: 1-866-918-7373 / Calling from outside the US: 727-299-2449
- To reset your pin or activate your new card: 1-866-985-2273
What We Are Doing
Your credit union is closely monitoring the latest updates about the coronavirus COVID-19 spread and is at the ready to react to critical recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our local health authorities. We will keep our members informed of any changes that may impact the way you do your banking.
For the latest information regarding the outbreak and tips for preventing the coronavirus, please visit the CDC’s resource center.
If you need special assistance during this time, please contact us at 1-866-653-4392.
We have been inspired by the care and support from our members as we work together to ensure we are providing safe and responsible access to your money.
Other Helpful Resources
Protect yourself from emerging scams capitalizing on fear of the pandemic – scammers are setting up websites to sell bogus products, and using fake emails, texts, and social media posts as a ruse to take your money and get your personal information. Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. Please know that Cutting Edge will never call you to ask for confidential information like your name, PIN, Online Banking password, or private account information. Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams at the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
If you’re concerned about making ends meet during these trying times, there are many local resources that may be available. Consider utilizing 211info.org, or dialing 2-1-1 on your phone, to discover what may be available to you and your family.
211 is a service of the United Way Worldwide, is available in 180 languages, completely confidential, and accessible 24/7/365. Simply enter your zip code and you can search their website, or speak with a local service professional to find resources for things like:
- Utility Bill Support
- Food assistance
- Child care resources
- Job training and placement assistance
- And more.
Many school districts, local business, and non-profits are offering lunches for children during the school shut down. Contact your local district to see if and how they are offering lunch services while students are at home.
With schools closed for the next several weeks, we realize kids might be spending more time than usual in front of the TV or computer – but that doesn’t mean it can’t be educational!
- Scholastic launched a Learn at Home website with daily lessons that combine videos, stories and prompts for drawing and writing activities. Grade levels include pre-K and kindergarten, grades 1 and 2, grades 3 to 5, and grades 6 and up.
- Khan Academy, a free online learning resource offering lessons, exercises and quizzes, has daily schedules for organizing at-home learning for students ages 4 to 18 years. On weekdays, Khan Academy is also offering daily livestreams on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to help parents and educators best utilize the website’s tools and resources.
For the latest local guidance and mandates on the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic:
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Nez Perce County
- Asotin County
- Oregon Health Authority
- Clackamas County
If you are a small business owner looking for small business grants in Idaho, please visit the Idaho Rebound Cash Grants for Small Business website for eligibility requirements and how to apply.
If you are a small business owner looking for resources in Oregon, please visit the Oregon Small Business Development Network’s website for an extensive list.
Cutting Edge is not currently approved to make Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans, but there are many financial institutions and loan funds in the Milwaukie area who can take your application for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), SBA Debt Relief Loans, and other SBA lending programs. To find the right program and lender for you, please visit the SBA website.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.