Notices & Branch Closures
Working to Keep Our Staff and Members Safe
Effective March 18, our branches are closed to walk-in members.
However, our Lewiston branch is still serving members through the drive-thru window, and Milwaukie members can be served through the vestibule of our International Way office – both during our regular business hours. Please call the Milwaukie branch prior to your visit so we can prepare to fulfill your needs.
If you are unable to conduct your banking using Online Banking, Mobile Banking, CU Telephone Banking, using a surcharge-free Co-op or MoneyPass ATM, or over the phone with a staff member, you may make an appointment with a Financial Service Specialist by calling the branch to confirm staff availability.
If you do not currently have a debit card, please contact us immediately so we can issue one to you just in case you should need it.
If you are concerned about making your loan payments or accessing your money due to job layoff, job loss, or illness:
Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options. We are committed to be by your side through these uncertain times to develop a solution that works for you.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 1-866-653-4392
Or send us a secure message inside Online Banking by visiting the Message Center in the upper-right corner of your screen.
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits due to the impact of COVID-19 on your job. Visit your state’s website to learn more:
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has step-by-step advice on how to get started if you are having trouble paying your bills or meeting other financial obligations, including how to work with debt collectors. Visit their website for this information, and more.
Banking Without the Branch
Cutting Edge offers a number of convenient ways to manage your money using e-Services, without setting foot inside a branch. Without even leaving your home, you can:
- Stay on top of your account balances and transactions using Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Apply for loans through our website or Online Banking
- Schedule and pay bills with our free Online Bill Pay
- Transfer money between your Cutting Edge accounts
- Access e-Statements, set up account alerts, and more.
With Cutting Edge Mobile Banking, you can also remotely deposit checks with a few taps and photographs of your checks. If you would like to activate Mobile Deposit and haven’t already done so, please contact the credit union to enroll.
Cutting Edge is part of the MoneyPass and Co-op ATM networks, which allow you to search ATMS to access your money surcharge-free – some even take your check and cash deposits. Visit the MoneyPass and Co-Op ATM locator webpages, or use their convenient mobile apps, to find one near you today.
At this time we may be experiencing higher branch call volumes than usual. To simply check balances, transfer money, and other account services, access Cutting Edge CU Telephone Banking: 1-888-794-0052
Recommended Ways to do Your Banking
To Make a Cash Withdrawal
If you need to make a cash withdrawal from your account(s), Cutting Edge is part of the MoneyPass and Co-op ATM networks which allow you to access your money surcharge-free. Visit the MoneyPass and Co-Op ATM locator webpages, or use their convenient mobile apps, to find one nearest you.
You may also be able to receive cash back on pin-based debit card transactions at participating retailers – just ask if this is offered at your time of checkout, and if there are any restrictions that may apply such as limits to the amount of cash back that’s allowed.
To Make a Deposit
If you need to make a deposit into your account(s):
- Use Cutting Edge Mobile Depositthrough our Mobile Banking app. If you would like to activate Mobile Deposit and haven’t already done so, please contact the credit union at 1-866-653-4392 to enroll.
- MoneyPass and Co-op ATM networks provide access to many deposit-taking ATMs. Use the MoneyPassand Co-Op ATM locator webpages, or use their convenient mobile apps, applying the filter that sorts out only the locations that have deposit-taking ATMs.
- Place your deposit in an envelopeand securely insert it into the Deposit Drop Box at the branch, with the following information – your name, your member number, and which account you would like the deposit to go into.
It is imperative that you provide us with this complete information! Otherwise, we won’t know who the deposit is for or what to do with it – especially if it is cash.
To Check Your Account and Loan Balances, and Transfer Money Between Accounts
There are many ways to stay on top of your balances and make transfers, including:
- Using Online Banking – if you are not currently signed up for Online Banking, now is a good time to do so. Please contact the credit union at 1-866-653-4392 to enroll.
- Using our Mobile Banking app – it’s important to note that you must be enrolled in Online Banking in order to use our Mobile Banking app. Please contact the credit union at 1-866-653-4392 to enroll in Online Banking if you are not already signed up.
- Using Cutting Edge CU Telephone Banking – call 1-888-794-0052
- Calling the credit union at 1-866-653-4392
To Make a Cutting Edge Loan Payment
To ensure that we receive your payments to apply to your loan(s), please consider making your loan payments in any of the following ways:
- Mail your loan payments to our mailing address at
Cutting Edge Credit Union
P.O. Box 22192
Milwaukie, OR 97269
- Use Online Banking or Mobile Bankingto use funds from a Cutting Edge account and apply them to your loan.
- By using Cutting Edge Mobile Deposit, you may snap a picture of a check to deposit into your checking account, and then transfer the fundsto apply to your loan within Online or Mobile Banking.
- Set up your payment through your other financial institution’s Bill Pay service– if you need your loan or account numbers, please contact the credit union.
- Place your payment in an envelopeand securely insert it into the Deposit Drop Box at the branch, with the following information – your name, your member number, and which loan you would like the payment applied to.
It is imperative that you provide us with this complete information! Otherwise, we won’t know who the payment is for or what to do with it – especially if it is cash.
To Apply for a Loan
If you would like to apply for a loan:
- Apply online at cuttingedgefcu.org.
- Apply within Online Banking by clicking on the Services tab to get started. You may also send a secured message within the Message Center in Online Banking letting us know you’re interested in applying, and someone will contact you to begin the process.
- Apply with a Financial Service Specialist by calling 1-866-653-4392.
If You Are Experiencing Issues With Your Debit or Credit Cards
For lost or stolen cards: 1-866-541-2710
To report fraud: 1-866-918-7373 / Calling from outside the US: 727-299-2449
To reset your pin or activate your new card: 1-866-985-2273
What We Are Doing
Your credit union is closely monitoring the latest updates about the coronavirus COVID-19 spread and is at the ready to react to critical recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our local health authorities. We will keep our members informed of any changes that may impact the way you do your banking.
For the latest information regarding the outbreak and tips for preventing the coronavirus, please visit the CDC’s resource center.
If you need special assistance during this time, please contact us at 1-866-653-4392.
We have been inspired by the care and support from our members as we work together to ensure we are providing safe and responsible access to your money.
Other Helpful Resources
Protect yourself from emerging scams capitalizing on fear of the pandemic – scammers are setting up websites to sell bogus products, and using fake emails, texts, and social media posts as a ruse to take your money and get your personal information. Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. Please know that Cutting Edge will never call you to ask for confidential information like your name, PIN, Online Banking password, or private account information. Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams at the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
We’ve also recently learned about hackers taking advantage of people’s need for information in the form of an Android app called “COVID19 Tracker,” posing as a real-time novel coronavirus tracker but will actually infect the device with ransomware. While this particular app has apparently been removed for download from the internet, cybersecurity researchers have identified several fake coronavirus tracker web maps and other tracker apps. This Business Insider article gives more tips on how to keep your devices safe.
If you’re concerned about making ends meet during these trying times, there are many local resources that may be available. Consider utilizing 211info.org, or dialing 2-1-1 on your phone, to discover what may be available to you and your family.
211 is a service of the United Way Worldwide, is available in 180 languages, completely confidential, and accessible 24/7/365. Simply enter your zip code and you can search their website, or speak with a local service professional to find resources for things like:
- Utility Bill Support
- Food assistance
- Child care resources
- Job training and placement assistance
- And more.
Many school districts, local business, and non-profits are offering lunches for children during the school shut down. Contact your local district to see if and how they are offering lunch services while students are at home.
With schools closed for the next several weeks, we realize kids might be spending more time than usual in front of the TV or computer – but that doesn’t mean it can’t be educational!
- Scholastic launched a Learn at Home websitewith daily lessons that combine videos, stories and prompts for drawing and writing activities. Grade levels include pre-K and kindergarten, grades 1 and 2, grades 3 to 5, and grades 6 and up.
- Khan Academy, a free online learning resource offering lessons, exercises and quizzes, has daily schedulesfor organizing at-home learning for students ages 4 to 18 years. On weekdays, Khan Academy is also offering daily livestreams on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to help parents and educators best utilize the website’s tools and resources.
AARP Money MapTM – An online tool from AARP that is free and useful for all ages, to help you follow step-by-step action plans based on your unexpected expenses and ways to cope.
For the latest local guidance and mandates on the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic:
We thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.
- New Year’s Day (Wed, January 1, 2020)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observed (Mon, January 20, 2020)
- President’s Day Observed (Mon, February 17, 2020)
- Memorial Day Observed (Mon, May 25, 2020)
- Independence Day Observed (Fri, July 3, 2020)
- Labor Day (Mon, September 7, 2020)
- Indigenous People Day (Mon, October 12, 2020)
- Veterans Day (Wed, November 11, 2019)
- Thanksgiving (Thurs, November 26 – Fri, November 27, 2020)
- Christmas Eve (Closing at noon Thurs, December 24, 2020)
- Christmas Day (Fri, December 25, 2020)
- New Year’s Eve (Closing at noon on Thurs, December 31, 2020)
- New Year’s Day (Fri, January 1, 2021)
Weather Related Notices
Security and safety are a top priority for Cutting Edge. In case of inclement weather, please be advised that our branches may open late or close early to ensure the safety of our staff.
Remember, you have secure access to your account information any time by downloading our Mobile Banking app, through Online Banking at cuttingedgefcu.org, or by calling toll-free at 888-792-0052. Find a surcharge-free ATM for deposits and withdrawals by visiting coopcreditunions.org!