Accelerated. Automated. Your Best Defense Against Fraud.
At Cutting Edge, we’re serious about protecting you from fraudulent activity on your cards. That’s why we’ve strengthened our defenses with a new, automated system that can identify threats faster, notify you sooner, and equip you with the tools you need to take immediate action against fraud. Previously, you would have only received a personal call from a live agent if fraud was suspected. The new system allows you to receive an automated SMS text that easily walks you through reviewing suspicious activity on your debit or credit card. You will also receive an automated call and emailed fraud alert for even more convenience and security.
Our new automated system includes:
- Immediate alerts – when suspicious activity has been detected on your card, our automated system will contact you by text or phone immediately.
- Two-way communication – you can take action the second you receive your alert by texting the provided command word, or interacting with the automated system on the phone; simply follow the instructions to answer questions regarding your recent card activity.
- Real-time support – our live agents are ready to assist you at any time to ensure you receive the best defense exactly when you need it.
How Our New Automated System Works
- You will receive an automated call with a pre-recorded, interactive message will notify you of potentially suspicious activity on your card.
- The recording will tell you the last four digits of your card, and up to five transactions performed on your card – it will never ask you for your entire card number.
- If you do not answer the call, the system will leave you a message. When you return the call, the system will recognize you when you enter the phone number where you received the message and the last four digits of your card number that was referenced in the message.
Text Fraud Alerts
- Please be sure to update your contact information so that you will receive text message alerts. SMS alerts are the most immediate way to receive fraud alerts.
- Log into Online Banking to update your contact information so that you will be able to receive important fraud alerts for your card(s).
- Additionally, you can review the fraud alert text messages FAQs to learn more.
Don’t delay – please be sure to update your contact information to make sure you receive important fraud alerts!
Members should be aware that, while Cutting Edge Credit Union does monitor fraudulent or suspicious account activity and may proactively contact a member about this activity, we will never call and ask for confidential information such as your entire account number, card number, or PIN. Contact us at 866-653-4392, by Secure Message through Online Banking, or by email at email@example.com if you have inadvertently provided this type of confidential information to anyone.