Tools & Educational Resources
We provide some splendid calculators to answer lots of questions!
- Start Taking Control of Your Money (Saving and Budget)
- Taking Charge of Your Debt (Loan Cost and Debt Reduction)
- Evaluating Your Insurance Coverage
- Planning Your Retirement
- Paying for Your Child’s College Education
Staying on top of your credit is important.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you access to your credit report for free from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies – Equifax, TransUnion and Experian – every 12 months.
You can request your free report online, by phone or by mail. Visit AnnualCreditReport.com, call 1-877-322-8228 or fill out the Annual Credit Report Request form and mail it. For additional information you can download FTC Facts For Consumers, via PDF.
You have the option to request all three reports at once or to order one report at a time. By requesting the reports separately (one every 4 months), you can monitor your credit frequently throughout the year.
Because the information in your credit report is used to evaluate your applications for credit, insurance, employment and renting a home, you want to be sure the information is accurate and up-to-date. Monitoring your credit report is also one of the best ways to spot identity theft. Check your credit report at least once a year to correct errors and detect unauthorized activity.
If you prefer to contact the credit reporting companies directly, you can click on the links below.Equifax Transunion Experian
Your credit union is your car buying partner!
If you hate going from dealer to dealer, searching for the right vehicle and then haggling over price—never knowing if you really got a good deal—put our affiliated car buying service* to work! Know before you go and save time and money! Contact the Credit Union for additional information about this service.
More car buying resources from:
*Service available through Credit Union Auto Broker, LLC. The links to other websites on this page are not operated by Cutting Edge Credit Union. Therefore, we are not responsible or liable for the information posted to these sites or for sites that are not in working order.
Love My Credit Union Rewards Program
Being a member of Cutting Edge comes with special rewards and discounts through the Love My Credit Union Rewards program. Register today and start saving money. Earn exclusive savings for Sprint, Turbotax, Insurance, Sam’s Club membership, home protection, rental cars, theme parks, hotels, concerts, and more!
Register for free and get bigger discounts today, simply by being a member.View Rewards
Cutting Edge provides identity theft research and recovery services as a membership benefit at no cost to you.
We have partnered with NXG, one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family members. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery – If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, they will assign you to a certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes. This service extends to cover all named account holders.
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
If you think you’ve been a victim of identity theft, please contact us right away to begin the research and identity recovery process, at no cost to you.
SKIP A PAYMENT
Our Skip a Payment program is an option when you need to free up some cash and provide a little flexibility in your monthly budget.
Whether you need extra funds around the holidays or you’re faced with an unexpected expense, our Skip a Payment program allows you to “skip” making a monthly loan payment on an eligible Cutting Edge loan. We offer seasonal skips in June, July, August, November, December, and January. Regular skips are available anytime of year. If you are experiencing a financial hardship, contact us to see if a Skip a Payment may be the temporary relief you need to get back on track.
When you skip a payment, your loan term will be extended. This can increase the total interest you pay over the life of your loan. Interest will continue to accrue on your unpaid balance on a daily basis resulting in a greater amount of your next scheduled payment to be applied towards interest. Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) coverage does not cover the amount of payment(s) skipped during the life of a loan in the event of a claim. The skipped payment may be deducted from any payable GAP benefit. You will be charged a $25 fee for each loan on which you request to skip a payment. The fee will be deducted from the Cutting Edge Credit Union deposit account you designate when your request is approved. The $25 fee will be waived in the event of a financial hardship.
The process is easy! Request your Skip a Payment through Online Banking, by phone at 866-653-4392, or by using our Contact Request form below.Contact Us
Prepare for what’s next With financial coaching.
Understanding how to budget, buy a car, or read your credit report is an important part of managing your finances, but a majority of people have never been taught how to do so. You don’t have to try to develop these skills alone. All of the staff at Cutting Edge are Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors, who are ready to empower you to take control of your financial future. We also offer ongoing one-on-one coaching sessions for members who want to take a deep dive into your finances and develop solutions to achieve your financial goals.
Have a question, or are unsure about how to get started? Take the first step by filling out our Contact Request Form and we will help get you on the road to financial wellness!Contact Request Form
Accelerated. Automated. Your best defense against Fraud.
At Cutting Edge, we’re serious about protecting you from fraudulent activity on your cards. Our automated fraud system includes text, email, and automated phone call alerts to help you quickly take action against fraud.
Our automated system includes:
- Immediate alerts – when suspicious activity has been detected on your card, our automated system will contact you by text or phone immediately.
- Two-way communication – you can take action the second you receive your alert by texting the provided command word, or interacting with the automated system on the phone; simply follow the instructions to answer questions regarding your recent card activity.
- Real-time support – our live agents are ready to assist you at any time to ensure you receive the best defense exactly when you need it.
- You will receive an automated call with a pre-recorded, interactive message will notify you of potentially suspicious activity on your card.
- The recording will tell you the last four digits of your card, and up to five transactions performed on your card – it will never ask you for your entire card number.
- If you do not answer the call, the system will leave you a message. When you return the call, the system will recognize you when you enter the phone number where you received the message and the last four digits of your card number that was referenced in the message.
Text Fraud Alerts
- Please be sure to update your contact information so that you will receive text message alerts. SMS alerts are the most immediate way to receive fraud alerts.
- Log into Online Banking to update your contact information so that you will be able to receive important fraud alerts for your card(s).
Members should be aware that, while Cutting Edge Credit Union does monitor fraudulent or suspicious account activity and may proactively contact a member about this activity, we will never call and ask for confidential information such as your entire account number, card number, or PIN. Contact us at 866-653-4392, by Secure Message through Online Banking, or by email at email@example.com if you have inadvertently provided this type of confidential information to anyone.